- Halt the Keystone XL Pipeline to slow the production of fuel from the Canadian tar sands, a process 17% more polluting than drilling for oil.
- Restrict pollution from existing coal-fired power plants, responsible for 40% of current heat trapping gas emissions, and set improved emission standards for future power plants.
- Improve regulation of the environmental impact of fracking and keep fracking out of our national forests and away from our drinking water. One loophole that needs to be closed exempts billions of gallons of toxic fracking waste from our nation's hazardous waste law.
- Increase protection of public lands and marine resources from destructive mining and drilling. Development currently proposed on our public lands by coal, oil, and gas companies would release more than 100 billion tons of carbon pollution into the atmosphere.
- Improve fuel efficiency and emissions standards for medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
Contact the President with a simple message: you support executive actions that will help stabilize our climate and protect the environment. If you wish, note one or more of the possible initiatives that are important to you. Encourage him to speak out on these issues in his 2015 State of the Union Address set for January 20th, and to reflect their importance in the nation’s budget that he will present.
Tel: 202 456-1111 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Fax: 202 456-2461
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500
Photo: Sea Nettle, Moss Landing, CA, Ron Wolf